Black Seed Oil has many beneficial effects on the body
Its been used as a ‘cure-all’ for thousands of years but what do we actually know about the proven effects of black seed oil. We have listed some of the different proven effects of black seed oil.
Nigella sativa is still little known to the world and medical community at large however with over 600 papers published on this amazing herb its awareness is increasing. Some of the studies referenced have demonstrated effects in lab experiments and some on clinical trials.
- Analgesic: A medication that reduces or eliminates pain. Several studies have proven that black seed oil possesses analgesic actions for both acute and chronic pain  . Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce the underlying cause of pain as well. 
- Antihelmintic: (Also know as vermicide or vermifuge) destroys and expels parasitic infections .
- Anti-bacterial: Destroys or inhibits the growth of destructive bacteria including salmonella and MRSA. [5, 6] Black seed also is proven to increase absorption of conventional antibiotics. 
- Anti-inflammatory: Reduces inflammation. 
- Anti-microbial : Destroys or inhibits the growth of destructive microorganisms including Gram-negative, Gram-positive bacteria, viruses, parasites, schistosoma and fungi.
- Antioxidant : Prevents or delays the damaging oxidisation of the body’s cells – particularly useful against free radicals.
- Anti-osteoporotic: prevents and even reverses osteoporosis [11, 12]. This property has been proven in lab studies and could be due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Anti-pyretic : (Also known as ferbrifuge) – exhibits a ‘cooling action’, useful in fever reduction.
- Anti-spasmodic : Prevents or eases muscle spasms and cramps.
- Anti-tumour/Anti-neoplastic: Counteracts or prevents the formation of many different malignant tumours [15, 16, 17, 18… just a few listed here]
- Carminative: Stimulates digestion and induces the expulsion of gas from the stomach and the intestines.
- Diaphoretic: Induces perspiration during fever to cool.
- Diuretic: Stimulates urination to relieve bloating and rid the body of any excess water.
- Digestive: Stimulates bile and aids in the digestive process.
- Emmenagogue: Stimulates menstrual flow and activity.
- Galactogogue: Stimulates the action of milk in new mothers.
- Hypotensive: Reduces excess blood pressure.
- Immunomodulator: Suppresses or strengthens immune system activity as needed for optimum balance.
- Laxative: Causes looseness or relaxation of the bowels.
The above list of effects of black seed oil makes it a truly remarkable seed unmatched in healing ability. Learn more about the conditions which black seed oil may benefit click here